Sunday, October 8, 2017

Shiny ornament - CCC #23


Happy Sunday to you!  It's time for Christmas Card Challenges!!

This card is very unusual for me... it's purple.  This is my least favorite color, so I don't use it often and have basically none in my stash, so this was a real challenge for me.  The ornament is a dark purple, though it looks almost black in the pic.  


Supplies...
Slice papers
Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons EF
Die-namics Small Ornaments die (ornament hanger)
Momenta Moroccan die
Spellbinders Standard Circles
Sentiment die - freebie that came with a Dies R Us order


This week's optional photo inspiration is purple & silver ornaments...



Challenges...
12 Months of Christmas Oct - anything goes Christmas
jingle belles JB:17:20 - Embossing (I dry embossed)
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #354 - anything goes and/or purple
The Ribbon Girls October card challenge - must be a card
ABC Christmas - U for Unlimited or V for Vibrant (I did unlimited/anything goes)


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

8 comments:

Suze said...

I love the combination of purple and silver on this card. Looks elegant. Thank you for joining in our Anything Goes Christmas Card challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 354 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

SmilynStef said...

Good job stretching yourself to use a color you don't love ... it makes a beautiful holiday bauble ... so glad you *embossed* around the Christmas Tree with the Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

what a beautifully elegant holiday card! i would never have guessed purple was not your favorite... you've used it like a pro! so pleased you could join the 'embossible dream" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Greta said...

You made a beautiful card, even if you aren't a fan of purple!

Inkyfingers said...

Good for you in stepping out of your comfort zone and using a colour you are not keen on. I hope you were pleased with it in the end because it is so lovely! I really like the embossed detail - just gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Dorte said...

What a lovely CAS Christmas card! So elegant! Thanks for joining in at ABC Christmas Challenge this time!
Dorte x

Susan Renshaw said...

Elegant bauble!
Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...