Sunday, March 12, 2017

'Tis the season to shine - CCC #8


Happy Sunday to you!  It's time for Christmas Card Challenges.

I love my card for this week!  It was fun to make and (after a few ruined tries!) it turned out great IMHO. ;) 


My first into-the-garbage try was because I didn't place the ornaments in the right place.  Duh!!  Next, I had a problem with the string on the middle ornament because the stamp wasn't quite long enough with this placement.  I used my Mini MISTI so I could line it up perfectly to lengthen it but forgot to clean the stamp before setting it down... my finger bumped it so it left a little ink in the wrong place.  Duh again!!  The next one was coming along well, but I didn't realize I had ink on my finger until I noticed a black blob in the middle.  More grrrr than duh!  Finally, I got the strings placed well and added the ornaments.  Using the Mini MISTI was great because I could stamp with Versamark, reink, and stamp again to be assured of a nice full heat emboss...


It's so beautiful IRL!!

Supplies...
Raisin Boat Holiday Hangups clear stamps
We R Memory Keepers Whimsy EF 
Offray gold ribbon
Versamark
MS gold embossing powder


Our optional prompt for this week's challenge is a photo challenge.  We'd love to see how this pic inspires you... I was inspired by the gold on white.  {Remember any Christmas/winter holiday card works, too.}




Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

So pretty, and well worth all those tries!! Your card turned out beautifully!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very pretty! The embossing is perfect! Karen (CCC DT Sister)

Creating with Susan said...

I'm glad you persevered because it turned out great Debbie :)

laurie said...

Beautiful ornaments! So pretty in gold!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...