Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Christmas Blessings - TMS #379


Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

I'm more excited about this card than I have been about a card in a long time.  I've been wanting to try this technique.  Take a look then I'll explain.


See the snow on the tree???  So cool!!   Here's a close up...




Several months ago, I watched this YouTube demonstration of Korin Sutherland (owner of Sweet n Sassy Stamps) making a "moonlit winter wonderland" card.
(You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4gG2cgNu0

It is so pretty!!  But I didn't have any tree branch stamps... until now! :)  DRS Designs is our sponsor this week and they graciously provided stamps for the DT.  I chose "Summer's End Tree."
I tried to follow Korin's instructions, but I had trouble getting perfect placing of my stamp, so on that attempt, my tree didn't turn out as nicely as hers did. :/  
Another thing happened just a few weeks ago... I was reading a blog and the crafter was raving about her new tool... a MISTI.  I'd never heard of it, so I went looking.  WOW!  But I knew it was beyond my budget.  But... my birthday was last month, and I was given some money as a gift. :)  I looked but could not justify a MISTI but then I saw the Mini MISTI.  I found it for a good price on Amazon and used my birthday money. I LOVE IT!!

Back to my tree...
Following her instructions, I stamped it with Versamark, moved the paper ever so slightly up in the Mini MISTI, stamped with Versafine onyx black, then embossed both with clear embossing powder.  I sponged over the image with TH stormy sky, and because the ink won't stay where it has been clear embossed, the snow on the branches magically appears!  It is soooo pretty IRL!!


Supplies...
~DRS Designs Woven Plaid (made the background paper with it)
~DRS Designs Summer's End Tree
~Memento Rhubarb Stalk
~MS punch
~Sweet n Sassy Christmas Tags clear sentiment
~Clear embossing powder
~Mini MISTI
~TH stormy sky
~TH forest moss
~Spellbinders Delightful Tree (the birds)


As I mentioned, DRS Designs is our sponsor for this week...




And we've got another wonderful sketch for you...



Challenges...
Love to Scrap #90 - anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs - non-traditional image to make Christmas card
Penny Black November - anything Christmas
Stamping Sensations November - Christmas greetings
A snowflake promise #33 - anything goes/opt twist seasons (I went AG)

 
Please pop over and visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see all the wonderful creations of the DT!!

Thanks so much for stopping and have a blessed day!!

10 comments:

Marsha said...

Really beautiful. What an ingenious way to put on the snow.

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Debbie and I'm going to have to try this technique. I think I have a couple tree stamps. I love the pop of red with the birds in the trees. Beautiful Christmas card!

brenda said...

A super creation for our Christmas themes at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges and the snowy tree looks awesome, many thank for joining in.

B x

Mervi said...

Lovely cards.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Patti said...

Oh my goodness, your card is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the technique and thanks for your directions, the link and your thoughts on the Misti. I've been considering one for a very long time but like you just haven't been able to part with the $'s to grab one. I look forward to hearing more about how you love it and also if you are perfectly content with the smaller one. I'm not sure if there are major pro's & cons regarding size or not. Guess it doesn't matter quite yet, well that is unless I decide to ask Santa for one - lol.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Debbie, this is such a great technique.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Wanda said...

Debbie this is stunning! love the technique used to achieve the snowy tree. There's a mini misti? off to google search I go. But before I do, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Melissa Craig said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous. I saw that technique, too. It's amazing and I'd love to try it myself. You've given me something else to try with my MISTI which will help me on my road of discovery of this tool.

Janice M said...

Perfect winter card! Those little red birdies really POP! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...