Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Need a little pickup?


I've got a fun card to show you today...  It's got an old clunker on it!  LOL  We never had one exactly like this, but when I was first driving, our family did have a clunker or two.  My dad taught motor mechanics so he was always fixing up cars.  It meant I always had wheels even though they may not have been pretty! ;)  Some of our friends would tease us about our "lemons"... that is until they wanted a ride somewhere!!  


My colored image and sentiment are from Doodle Pantry's Classic Clunkers 2.   Fun set!!  My image is cut out using Spellbinders Labels Four.  I used a couple of papers from my scrap pile that I thought looked "distressed" too.   I wrapped some baker's twine on a diagonal, added a few black "raindrops" and it was all done.

Challenges...
613 Avenue Create #85 - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door Aug 19-25 - anything goes
Clear It Out - theme: anything goes + stash: anything goes (scraps of paper, last bit of twine, and OLD adhesive dots)

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!  I'm off to celebrate with my ♥husband♥ for our 26th anniversary!!

6 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so cool. Your background looks just like boards with chipped paint on them. Excellent masculine card.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and image thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fantastic Debbie. Those papers go so well with your image.
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Lola said...

This is adorable! Wonderful DP's to go with your little truck...or is it a van? Or...what are those?! I always wanted an El Camino - so glad that never happened.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card! Great vintage image! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Lynn's Place said...

Wonderful project...TF joining us @ CIO hope you stop by again real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...