Saturday, November 30, 2013

"A Savior is Born!!"


This afternoon as I was making this card, the song from Handel's Messiah "For Unto Us A Child is Born" kept going through my head, so I found a beautiful version on Youtube and kept playing it (and singing along) as I finished the card!   I love to hear the Messiah!  When I was in college, every CHRISTmas season, we would sing "The Hallelujah Chorus."  (Well, I would try... I cannot even listen to that song without crying!)   It was so beautiful to hear thousands of voices raised in praise to the Lord!  I'm so thankful for this season as we focus on Christ's birth! 

So here is my card... made with Little Bethlehem from Doodle Pantry. (This is a set of Laurie's formerly sold at CDS) 


(My printer made the roofs blue!)

Here you can see everything you get with Little Bethlehem set...


Because our printer is having issues now, instead of using the digi paper (it looks too dull!) I used MME Sweater Weather.  I embossed the corner with Darice "Ivy Corner," distressed the edges with TH "vintage photo," added a bit of hemp, and a Prima flower and a brad.

I will mention this again tomorrow when I show you my creation for December's Release (which is already up and for sale) - - Doodle Pantry is having a SALE!!!

40% OFF all products (excludes bundled products & fundraiser sets)

  • Add products in your cart and click to VIEW CART
  • Minimum of $3.00 must be in your cart before coupon will deduct 40% OFF everything (EXCLUDES product "bundles" and anything that is part of a fund raiser)
  • Enter the code TDAYSALE in the field at the bottom of the cart and CLICK SUBMIT
  • Once you see the discount apply to total, continue checking out
  • After you agree to the terms and leave an optional comment, CONFIRM your order and complete payment
  • NOTE: Only one coupon or gift certificate can be used on an order. If you have a prize coupon and want to use it after getting 40% off, use the 40% off sale coupon first to see your total due, then contact the shop owner to get your gift certificate applied. (Holidays may delay a reply)

Isn't that awesome????  Go get your wish list for 40% off!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed evening!!  We're almost ready to have homemade pizza and watch a CHRISTmas movie!!  :)

Please come again tomorrow to see my new release project!

7 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a beautiful, meaningful image. I love your inking and the layout of your card -such pretty embellishing. This is just lovely my friend!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the image!! It's perfect for a Christmas card!! Your inking is fabulous!! And the embossing is a perfect touch!! Have a wonderful evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Peanut said...

Beautiful...just beautiful, Debbie. Love that image and the papers are so lush.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it, a very wonderful card, the image and sentiment says it all!
hugs
Glenda

Marsha said...

Very pretty. Love the BG paper and embossing. I love the "Messiah" too. Started listening to Christmas music yesterday and that was part of it. The whole redemption story - love it.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is beautiful....love the cas layout that really focuses on the image. How did I miss this post? So glad I decided to go back and snoop on your blog...haha

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so beautiful. I just love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...