Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Word art for school room


We homeschool our 4 children and enjoy every minute of it!!  That's actually a big fat lie... there are days I want to pull my hair out or jump off a cliff, but most of the time it is a blessing and we do enjoy it!!!

This is the verse and word art from Word Art Wednesday Challenge #36.  What a wonderful verse!!  Now that is a special promise!! 
I took a canvas, some Recollections 'Charming' dsp, and Mod Podge.  It was a learning experience!  I had too much 'glue' under the paper and there are a couple of areas where it is not totally flat. :/
This is not really my usual style of art, but my kids love it and I am very pleased with it, too!

I meant to post this yesterday but this is what I was doing all day...
Bizarro

Mind Eraser... my kids are the front 2 rows

Batman the Dark Knight
We had soooo much fun at Six Flags New England!!  Then today I had to run one DD to the orthodontist (yikes!!) and another to work, then spent most of the afternoon in our pool!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

13 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Yes, homeschooling has its own challenges for sure (from a very understanding homeschool mom). Your project is beautiful~thank you for blessing us this week at Word Art Wednesday. ;)

Jessi Fogan said...

Mod Podge is an awesome fun thing...with a little practice you'll be deco'ing everything that doesn't move ;) I love the fun feel of this piece, and what a great decoration for the school room.

Wendy Swenne said...

Lovely piece of art.

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

Wendy

Anne-Marie said...

I always wanted to homeschool....especially with one of our boys....but never made the leap...sigh.
I'm lovin' your art work, Debbie.....that's one of my favourite scriptures (I know!....I have soooo many...haa)and can see why your kiddles would love it!

Jennifer said...

Debbie, I'm totally with you on homeschooling! It's wonderful when the days come when the kids say thanks for teaching me, I like it this way! That makes it all worthwhile to me!
Wonderful card, It seems to put together beautiful pieces of time with your children that even though a bit ragged are precious to them!
Love how you spent your day! Looks like soooo much fun!

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely card, lovely words.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, and you are blessed to be able to home school! Those pictures are awesome and remind me why I will never go on one of those rides again, they frighten me something awful:O)
hugs
glenda

Peanut said...

Modge podge and I, we have a love hate relationship. I love it, it hates me. Looking at your piece I'm tempted to rekindle that affair. I have to agree with your kids - it's beautiful.

~ Jo ~ said...

I love your artwork. Artwork is beautiful and it comes in all forms, colors, dimensions and mediums. I'm glad your children are happy with it and they should be, it's beautiful.

Hugs,
Jo

Marie said...

Great verse, Debbie. Love the mix of different DP. Great job mixing and matching and modge podgeing. Are your fingers still sticky?

Lisa Howell said...

Love that verse!

I have just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Just a simple recognition of how much I enjoy visiting your blog. http://mindovermattercreations.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

Lisa

Lisa said...

That verse is so beautiful!! The canvas is beautiful!! And wow, Six Flags looks so fun!! I love roller coasters :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card. Fabulous photos Six Flags look so fun :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...