Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring-y "welcome" wreath

Isn't it funny how quickly we get spoiled?  We've had almost 2 weeks of nice warm weather (60's, 70's and a couple of 80 degree days) but today was only about 50 and it felt so chilly.  Of course, if this had been a normal spring, we would have been thrilled with today's temp!  But whatever the temperature, spring officially arrived this past week, and so it's time for spring crafts!

In the fall, I made a wreath that has been hanging on our school room door, and I had intended/hoped to change it every season or holiday.  Well, I missed a few - ok, I missed a bunch! - but at least spring is covered now! :)

Challenges...
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #103 - "Celebrate Spring" with at least 3 flowers
BBTB2 - "Welcome"
Celebrate the Occasion #55 - "Welcome Spring"
Krafty Girls #3 - "Get Growing" with handmade flowers
Whimsical Wednesdays - "Celebrate Spring"

~wreath from JOTS cut at 10 1/2"
~flowers from GBS at 2", 2 1/2", 3", 3 1/2"
~D'vine Swirls, Distress Stripes, Perfect Paisley, Swiss Dots, and Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folders
~"Welcome" from Ashlyn's Alphabet cut at 2 1/2"
~Core'dinations and DCWV cardstocks






Thanks for stopping by!!!

21 comments:

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Wow this is Beautiful! Well if you missed a few holidays you surely made up for it with this one! Love the colors, great embossing and I really like the square brads for the flower centers! I'm so glad you shared with us over at BBTB2 for the Welcome challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Carole Beath said...

Debbie, this is just fantastic. What a wonderful wreath, and so perfect for our BBTB2 Welcome challenge. Thanks for joining us.
Carole

Jeri said...

Beautiful wreath. I remember back to my days of classroom decorating. Before you know it summer vacation will be here and you'll be packing up the classroom. Thanks for sharing your fabulous project with us at BBTB2.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous welcoming wreath for your clasroom! Love the design, colors and embossing. thanks for sharing it with BBTB2. xxD

GiuliaG. said...

Stunning wreath. Love all the embossing. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

girlia said...

This is such a gorgeous wreath. Love the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CTO

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This wreath is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE it!!! I am TOTALLY scraplifting this!!!

Super great job!!! New Follower!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with the Krafty Girls!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I like all the texture you added. Thanks for playing along with us over at Krafty Girls for our Get Growing challenge.

Maribel said...

Super cute! I love all the dimension that you added. I would love this wreath in my home :)
Thank you for krafting with us at Krafty Girls!
Maribel

Megan said...

Beautiful wreath! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the pretty colors and the embossing is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

This is awesome! I love the pretty flowers and the welcome sign. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a sweet welcome wreath, love your pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Welcome Spring" Challenge

Susan Edwards said...

Wow Debbie, this is amazing! I love everything about this project!! What a great idea and wonderful classroom decor item. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!
Susan

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the wreath, perfect for spring!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful! I love the embossing and the welcome, now I need to get Ashlyns Alphabet for that fabulous font! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful wreath, love the spring colours. I forgot about Krafty Girls, I will have to join in the fun :)

Raquel said...

I love your statement about how you had planned to make a wreath for every season... I too had plans for this but also behind :)

Beautiful job with this wreath! Love all the details

Cindy Beland said...

WOW GORGEOUS job with your pretty wreath!I LOVE the colors and flowers,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

Melissa said...

Lovely wreath project. Love the embossing on the flowers. Thanks for linking up at BBTB2. :)

Marie said...

Beautiful wreath, Debbie. The embossing adds some fantastic eye textures to look at. Love the colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...