Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friend card - Prov. 17:17

This is a fairly simple note card for a friend.   At SSIC this week, the devotional was based on Eph. 5:8-9 which speaks of the contrast of coming from darkness into light once we know the Lord.   I chose black and light pink for my contrasting colors and a stamp with the verse Prov. 17:17 about friendship.   I thought it appropriate for the dark/light challenge since a true friend will be with us through both the dark and the bright days of life!

Challenges...

Stampin' Sister's in Christ #130 - contrast dark/light
Clear Dollar's Clearly inspired Challenge #48 - Scripture





~Core'dinations cardstock
~Perfect Paisley and Distress Stripes Cuttlebug folders
~Clear Dollar clear verse stamp
~Momento Tuxedo Black ink
~punches, ribbon, and flower from my stash

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

8 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card and the color combo is fantastic!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, this is pretty! Love the pink and black combo, and the distressed embossing is gorgeous. The partially embossed pink strip is a great idea. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. ~Hugs!

Marie said...

Whttp://inkdwings.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-leibstered.htmlonderful light and dark contrast on this card, Debbie. Great sentiment.

So glad you are feeling better. This visited our home last week. While you were 'bug fighting' you might have missed this:

http://inkdwings.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-leibstered.html

Cassie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Debbie! I love how the scripture is off to the side, and your embossed background is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CIC48 :D

Jennifer said...

Debbie, I love this! Wonderful colour choice and the embossed background is fantastic! I love the verse, it really makes this card sweet!

Theresa said...

Hi Debbie, your card is just lovely. I love that technique you did. I love the two colors together. Beautifully done!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours.

Kathy D. said...

I like how you distressed the embossed image. Great job keeping the focus on the scripture.

Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenges. Hope to see you on April 6th when the new challenge is posted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...