Friday, October 14, 2011

O Come All Ye Faithful!!

I love Christmas music!!  That is always the first sign of the season around our house.  (And the last to be put away after!)  My family love Christmas music, too!  We have request night at church once a month, and one of my daughters picks a Christmas Carol every month all year long!  And making Christmas cards is becoming more fun since Christmas truly is coming quickly!!! :)

This card is for these challenges...
~jingle belles - "A Caroling We Will Go" card inspired by a song (I got excited when I saw this prompt!!)
~Celebrate the Occasion - any occasion using red, black, and white
~Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Mk. 10:27 "...with God all things are possible" so "anything goes"

O Come All Ye Faithful is one of my favorite carols!  In high school, I learned a descant for it that was so pretty!  Even though that was over 20 just a few years ago, I still hear it in my head when I play the song, and I still sing it when we sing this song.  


~Red CS
~DCWV 'Performance' mat stack
~Allegro Cuttlebug folder
~Digi sentiment from Stitchy Bear Stamps
~Nestabilities
~gold ink rubbed on (sorry it looks yellow in the pic!)
~ribbon, adhesive pearls, white gel pen

Thanks for stopping!!!

18 comments:

the cricutologist said...

I love this card! Great job!

Kristie W. said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card, Debbie! Love the inking over the embossing.

Grace said...

Hi Debbie! I just LOVE your card!!! I love this carol too and love playing it on the piano, though I don't know the descant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSIC and for your sweet comment on my blog too! Love this card!!!

Nita said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love how you inked the embossing - so elegant. And I love, love, LOVE how you make the whole card a piano. Just beautiful. :)
Nita

SmilynStef said...

Love the musical embossing and those fabulous piano keys ... one of my favorite carols too ... so glad you went caroling with us at jingle belles.

Marie Bingaman said...

That is my all-time favorite Christmas song too! Great card! :)

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really pretty.love the touch of pearls and that bow.tfs

Laurie said...

This card is really cute!! I love the ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Cre8tiveVet said...

How beautiful! What a great job! thanks for sharing it with us at CTO.
-Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

CraftyJAR said...

Gorgeous card! I love that song too and I love the piano keys on the side. Thanks for joining us at CTO this week.
Judy

DIANA L. said...

This card is so unique I love the keyboard along the side. Great job
Thank you for joining us this week at Celebrate the occasion.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

This is jus tbeyond fabulous!!! I love everything ablout it. Thanks for joining CTO.
Charlotte

Esther said...

Lovely!
The distressed embossing is great and the piano keyboard just perfect!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow♥WOW♥wow! what a brilliant--and BEEEEEAUTIFUL take on the "caroling" prompt this week! i ♥LOVE♥ that fabulous keyboard, especailly, but the entire card is just wonderful!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Pretty Christmas card, love the DP's! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job on your card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO.

Trail of Treasures said...

Oh my gosh Debbie!! This card is so beautiful!! Love how music binds it all together! You did such a great job with the challenge! Thanks for celebrating with us this week at CTO!

Hugs,
Tracey - CTO DT member
www.trailoftreasures.com

Unknown said...

This is AWESOME! Love the piano on the side of the card & the soft gold on the dry embossed piece. beautiful card!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...