Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Fishing was good" hanging plaque

I had a busy weekend so hadn't planned to get much made, but I messed up some of the plans when I totaled our van! :(  My daughter was with me, and PTL we are both ok!!  Sore sternum from the seat belt doing its job, but we have sooooooo much to be thankful for!!!!  

I've taken it easy, but today, I needed to get back in my craft room, so this is my third and final post of the day.  Then I'm going to bed!

Ever since I found this slate at my MIL's, I have been wanting to use it.  The BBTB2 challenge was to use the little fishing boy from ACY.  I did a search for fishing quotes and found this one!  My husband's office is decorated with fishing paraphernalia so this will be his....
What I used:
~slate that had a wire already on it! :D
~boy from A Child's Year cut in black outdoor outdoor vinyl - he's cut at about 5" but I stretched him in DS a little to fit my tile
~words from Lyrical letters & Stamped cut at about 1"
~'sign' behind words - shape from Stamped shortened in DS and cut wood grain contact paper


Hope you like it!  Thanks for looking!!

4 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Fabulous project! LOVE the saying :-)
Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh my goodness I'm so glad you and your daughter are okay! Love the slate and the saying is so true, lol! I love to fish even if we don't catch anything, I usually wind up going and do some exploring when we do get to go fishing and usually find some really cool nature stuff or get some really great pictures, lol! So glad you could join us this week over at BBTB2!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Carole Beath said...

Love the saying, great project ..love the sentiment ... Thanks for joining us at our BBTB2 challenge. Glad you and your daughter are okay.
Carole

shelly said...

glad to hear you and daughter are ok! love everything about your project! thanks so much for sharing this with us at bbtb2 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...