Monday, February 14, 2011

2-4-6-8 treat boxes

These are so fun and easy!  I saw a couple of youtube videos on them and really you can make one in less time than it takes to watch the video!  I made 12 for my Jr church kids and 4 for my kids.  I forgot to take a pic of the 12 all done! :(  I put small scalloped circles and just a heart on them. 

These were for our kids:

How to
Cut a piece of paper 6" x 8 1/2" 
(You can make it 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 if you are using 8 1/2x11 paper
-it will just be 1/2" shorter)


Score at 2", 4", 6", 8", and 8"
 (I'm not a lefty... I just have to use the camera with my right hand!)

Turn and score at 2" (on the bottom if your paper has a pattern that matters)


 On the 2", 4", 6', 8" score lines, cut from the bottom up to the 2" score line


Cut off the  2" x 1/2" bit


Fold on all score lines



Put adhesive on the 1/2" strip and 3 of the 4 bottom flaps


I find it easier to put the side together so that the top and bottom line up well, then fold in the bottom flaps one at a time to make a box like this.   I kept forgetting to put the adhesive on the bottom until after I had put the sides together... no worries... just do them one at a time and finish the bottom.


Press 2 sides in like this



 Fill about to half with goodies! :D



Make 2 holes near the top for your ribbon


Bring your ribbon through the holes and tie a bow

 Embellish as desired

Thanks for looking and I hope this gives you an idea for a fun and easy favor
 for your next special occasion. 





No comments: